Click column header to sort
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking a Tenant Account Analyst to act as the primary tenant and internal customer contact, and will also act as a liaison with our third party lease administration team.
- Internal liaison with Leasing, Property Management, Regional Counsel and our third party lease administration team
- Review of tenant CAM & real estate tax billings
- Periodic lease notes abstraction
- Support internal requests for detailed lease interpretation and any supporting calculations
- Manage tenant vacates
- Review the monthly rent roll, specifically monitoring tenants awaiting rent commencement
- Process and notify tenants of changes in their rent, CAM, real estate tax and other charges
- Review late fees prior to assessment
- Run quarterly statements
- Prepare / provide due diligence documentation as required
- Primary responsibilities also include; Tenant account maintenance, collections and pursuit
- Collecting tenant rents and all other charges
- Handle all tenant discussions and communications
- Responsible for tenant accounts receivable pursuit, documentation and follow-up
- Resolve all disputed charges, including CAM, real estate tax, base rent, utility and other charges
- Research and apply unapplied cash balances
- Prepare tenant demand and default notices
- Set up and monitor payment plans
- Identify and process write-offs
- Identify tenants for legal collections (with outside attorneys)
- Manage legal collections pursuit liaising with internal and external counsel
- A/R management reporting
- Establish and maintain a healthy and productive relationship between landlord and tenant
- Special projects as assigned
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are seeking a Leasing Assistant to be responsible for preparing leasing proposals, entering deals into internal systems and tracking them, compiling marketing packages for prospective tenants and brokers as well as gathering and updating market information. Will also assist with preparing/running leasing reports, reviewing lease language, processing broker invoices, recording expenses for payment, and making travel arrangements. Must have excellent phone, internet, and computer skills. The qualified candidate must be well organized with excellent follow-up and oral and written communication skills and be able to work independently. Familiarity with commercial retail lease agreements and/or paralegal experience a plus.
*****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.******The individual will assist in the preparation and maintenance of property and portfolio level pro-forma models that will be utilized for valuations, impairment analyses, mortgage financings, while adhering to tight deadlines.
The candidate will coordinate with the regional finance, leasing and property management teams for validation and assessment of certain business and financial metrics. In addition, the candidate will be the primary lead for the site level budget and forecast process, variance analysis, troubled debt cash flow analysis, capitalized cost analysis, true-up adjusting entries, among other ad-hoc projects. Basic understanding of debt and equity structuring preferred, as well as the ability to construct pro-forma models and IRR’s.
A minimum of three years in Real Estate Financial Analysis and accounting is required, preferably in a company managing or owning shopping centers. The right candidate should have a broad knowledge of Excel and its advanced functions, be proficient in either Argus, or Hyperion Planning Application. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work independently. A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management or Accounting is required.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst for our Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis department in New Hyde Park, NY. This position is responsible for corporate reporting related to occupancy and leasing statistics, and will also assist management with trend and data analysis.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, review and analyze financial reports, as well as identify and explain variances.
- Master system report logic in order to assist with report validation and creating new queries.
- Coordinate with regional Property Finance & Analysis teams on lease document abstraction in order to compile accurate corporate level data.
- Assist the Manager of Financial Analysis with special projects and ad hoc analysis.
The right candidate will possess strong financial/ analytical skills and advanced Excel skills; including knowledge of advanced analysis tools such as Pivot tables and Lookup tables. The candidate needs strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both executives and peers, as well as strong self-motivation order to efficiently meet weekly and quarterly reporting deadlines.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty is seeking a Leasing Assistant at our Signature Series Suburban Square shopping center, who aspires to a long term career in retail leasing. This position will report to our Director of Real Estate in a supporting role. While the individual will have specific administrative and analytic support responsibilities, there will be an emphasis on participation in the leasing process, including marketing and direct interaction with tenants and prospects.
- Preparing leasing proposals, entering deals into internal system (Salesforce) and tracking them through the lease negotiation process.
- Compiling marketing packages for prospective tenants and brokers.
- Creating/maintaining mailing lists and contact database for targeted prospective tenants/tenant categories and dissemination of marketing information via email, mailers, telephone, and other forms of social media.
- Gathering and updating pertinent market information, including but not limited to: comparable rents, competing space available, upcoming developments and/or other events impacting properties.
- Working with PowerPoint or comparable programs to develop marketing collateral for centers, including customizing materials for specific needs such as restaurants, pad sites, category specific users, and end-caps.
- Assisting in the promotional efforts of “Lease Marketing,” including gathering information for press releases of new tenants, and the review and coordination of social media as it impacts leasing efforts.
- Assisting with preparing/running leasing reports, reviewing lease language, processing leasing department related invoices.
Leasing Responsibilities as directed by the leasing director:
- Helping to source small shop opportunities within assigned portfolio.
- Managing renewals as directed by the Director of Real Estate.
- Proactively meeting with and developing relationships with retailers within the trade area.
- Cold calling retailers and documenting new leads for specific shopping centers in Salesforce.
- Following deals from origination to execution in Salesforce.
- Identifying new value-add opportunities for the existing tenant rosters.
- Assisting in the preparation of the merchandising and marketing plan.
- Interacting with construction and legal departments to manage deal negotiations.
- Providing updated information to the marketing department.
- Proactively marketing space through the local mediums such as Craigslist and Chamber websites.
- Producing and updating marketing packages for new upcoming vacancies; monitoring anchor expirations with no options remaining to look for opportunities for lease buyouts and re-tenant at higher market rents
****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.******
We are currently seeking a Property Accountant to handle all aspects of site level accounting, analysis and reporting for a portfolio of U.S. assets. This would include the preparation of financial statements, explanations of balance sheet variances, review of base rent, recoveries and expense variance analyses. They will also prepare all necessary supporting and accounting schedules.
The position requires strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills, the ability to focus on meeting deadlines, as well as be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. The individual must thrive in a team environment; possess the ability to form strong working relationships throughout the organization.
- Process monthly and quarterly accounting close entries
- Review general ledger balances for completeness, accuracy and account classification
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, including sub-ledger to ledger systems
- Review reconciliations prepared by outside vendors
- Prepare detailed analysis of general ledger account fluctuations, coordinating with lease analysts, property managers and administrators for explanations
- Assist in preparation of Net Operating Income and same site variance analysis
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting activities, including posting of multiple property accounting transactions, monitoring and maintaining property cash activities and balances
- Review and maintain the fixed asset ledger
- Monitor property tax payments; ground rent payments
- Prepare and process revenue recovery true-up adjustments
- Understand mortgage terms (reporting, impound and escrow reimbursement requirements)
- Calculate property related fees
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking a Property Controller who will serve in an accounting leadership capacity, responsible for supervising the performance of a variety of financial and reporting functions. This position will serve as the key accounting analysis and review for both regional and corporate executives.
Oversight includes leading a team of accountants in preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP accrual based workpapers; including reviewing accounts and variances to ensure proper accounting and controls; and managing/assisting with special project assignments at the regional or corporate level. This position will collaborate with regional counterparts and corporate management to ensure best practices in analysis and reporting.
Candidates must be proficient in Excel and possess strong accounting and analytical skills. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and delegation skills are important, as is a successful track record of strategy development/execution. Knowledge of retail real estate accounting is strongly preferred.
We are currently seeking a Director of Real Estate to support the leasing activity for a portfolio of shopping centers. This position reports to the Vice President of Leasing for the region and will collaborate with other departments including property management, legal, development / construction, asset management, and lease administration / accounting, as well as 3rd party ownership representatives. Candidates should have a proven track record possessing superior skills in retail leasing including developing leasing budgets, canvassing, tenant retention, negotiating lease proposals, amendments and renewals, and managing a broker network. Strong financial and system acumen as well as excellent leadership and communication skills a must.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking an Associate Director of Development to support redevelopment and development projects in the region and will manage the entire project entitlement process, interact with retailers and municipalities, prepare valuation models, analyze development scenarios for new and existing assets, and assist in project design and planning. This role will also oversee the project consultant team (land use attorneys, architects, engineers, etc.), research municipal land use and zoning requirements, and coordinate with internal leasing, construction, and property management teams.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty is looking for a Financial Coordinator to be responsible for supporting our construction group on major commercial projects in our Mid-Atlantic region. The position requires excellent communication skills, as this person will communicate both internally and externally with vendors, tenants and various departments within Kimco. This is an excellent opportunity for growth within a stable, Fortune 500 company.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparingbudgets and budget adjustments for signature
- Maintaining budget records and approvals
- Reviewingtenant allowances and commission contract amounts for accuracy prior to system setup
- Reviewing&preparingtenant allowance invoices for proper documentation and follow up
- Reviewing contract change orders
- Reviewing invoices for approval
- Reviewing and preparinggeneral contractor invoices for processing and payment
Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE: Kim), one of North America’s largest publicly traded owners and operators of open-air shopping centers, is currently seeking Management Trainees to join our collaborative, challenging, growth oriented team.
This unique 18-month immersion program will provide exposure to our key operating departments and develop trainees into well-rounded real estate professionals. The Trainee will manage a small portfolio of assets and learn all aspects of leasing, property management, construction, and asset management while under the mentorship of seasoned professionals. Upon completion of the program, trainees may be matched with a position and location that best fits the trainee and Kimco.
Trainees will be assigned a mentor in each of the following disciplines: Asset Management, Leasing, Property Management, Development, Construction, Property Finance and Legal.
- Learn operations, management viewpoints, metrics, company policies and industry practices that affect each aspect of Kimco.
- Lease and maintain a small portfolio of assets, including budgeting, forecasting, vendor management, and cold calling.
- Set performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitor performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receive training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Near completion of the program, the Trainee will present to the regional leadership an asset strategy for the assets based on their understanding of the asset, market, and future potential which maximizes revenue growth and value creation.