Click column header to sort
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty is seeking a Leasing Assistant at our Signature Series Suburban Square shopping center, who aspires to a long term career in retail leasing. This position will report to our Director of Real Estate in a supporting role. While the individual will have specific administrative and analytic support responsibilities, there will be an emphasis on participation in the leasing process, including marketing and direct interaction with tenants and prospects.
- Preparing leasing proposals, entering deals into internal system (Salesforce) and tracking them through the lease negotiation process.
- Compiling marketing packages for prospective tenants and brokers.
- Creating/maintaining mailing lists and contact database for targeted prospective tenants/tenant categories and dissemination of marketing information via email, mailers, telephone, and other forms of social media.
- Gathering and updating pertinent market information, including but not limited to: comparable rents, competing space available, upcoming developments and/or other events impacting properties.
- Working with PowerPoint or comparable programs to develop marketing collateral for centers, including customizing materials for specific needs such as restaurants, pad sites, category specific users, and end-caps.
- Assisting in the promotional efforts of “Lease Marketing,” including gathering information for press releases of new tenants, and the review and coordination of social media as it impacts leasing efforts.
- Assisting with preparing/running leasing reports, reviewing lease language, processing leasing department related invoices.
Leasing Responsibilities as directed by the leasing director:
- Helping to source small shop opportunities within assigned portfolio.
- Managing renewals as directed by the Director of Real Estate.
- Proactively meeting with and developing relationships with retailers within the trade area.
- Cold calling retailers and documenting new leads for specific shopping centers in Salesforce.
- Following deals from origination to execution in Salesforce.
- Identifying new value-add opportunities for the existing tenant rosters.
- Assisting in the preparation of the merchandising and marketing plan.
- Interacting with construction and legal departments to manage deal negotiations.
- Providing updated information to the marketing department.
- Proactively marketing space through the local mediums such as Craigslist and Chamber websites.
- Producing and updating marketing packages for new upcoming vacancies; monitoring anchor expirations with no options remaining to look for opportunities for lease buyouts and re-tenant at higher market rents
****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.******
We are currently seeking a Property Accountant to handle all aspects of site level accounting, analysis and reporting for a portfolio of U.S. assets. This would include the preparation of financial statements, explanations of balance sheet variances, review of base rent, recoveries and expense variance analyses. They will also prepare all necessary supporting and accounting schedules.
The position requires strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills, the ability to focus on meeting deadlines, as well as be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. The individual must thrive in a team environment; possess the ability to form strong working relationships throughout the organization.
- Process monthly and quarterly accounting close entries
- Review general ledger balances for completeness, accuracy and account classification
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, including sub-ledger to ledger systems
- Review reconciliations prepared by outside vendors
- Prepare detailed analysis of general ledger account fluctuations, coordinating with lease analysts, property managers and administrators for explanations
- Assist in preparation of Net Operating Income and same site variance analysis
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting activities, including posting of multiple property accounting transactions, monitoring and maintaining property cash activities and balances
- Review and maintain the fixed asset ledger
- Monitor property tax payments; ground rent payments
- Prepare and process revenue recovery true-up adjustments
- Understand mortgage terms (reporting, impound and escrow reimbursement requirements)
- Calculate property related fees
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking a Property Controller who will serve in an accounting leadership capacity, responsible for supervising the performance of a variety of financial and reporting functions. This position will serve as the key accounting analysis and review for both regional and corporate executives.
Oversight includes leading a team of accountants in preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP accrual based workpapers; including reviewing accounts and variances to ensure proper accounting and controls; and managing/assisting with special project assignments at the regional or corporate level. This position will collaborate with regional counterparts and corporate management to ensure best practices in analysis and reporting.
Candidates must be proficient in Excel and possess strong accounting and analytical skills. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and delegation skills are important, as is a successful track record of strategy development/execution. Knowledge of retail real estate accounting is strongly preferred.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are seeking a Property Assistant to respond to all calls and written requests regarding tenant/shopping center maintenance issues and coordinate vendor work at Property Manager’s discretion; follow up with vendors to ensure work orders have been completed per scope; assist the Property Manager in maintaining Emergency Response Plans for each site, including current contact information for all “first responders”, tenants, utilities, etc.; prepare all contract related paperwork and process payment requests; enter budget data into Hyperion; collect and assemble all data and supporting documents for review and presentation to Senior Management; renew Recurring Service Contracts once every two years through competitive bid process; process all CAPEX, Landlord Work, and Tenant Improvement Allowances via Job Cost process, consisting of JC/JL Budget creation, Contract Input Forms, Purchase Orders, AIA Contracts, Short Form Contracts, and holdbacks; work with PM to coordinate the inspection/clean out of vacant spaces; order HVAC inspection, key to master, and installation of leasing sign. Upload vacancy profile data into intranet; review, code, and process all vendor and supplier invoices.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty Corporation is seeking an experienced Building Superintendent for a commercial office building in Jericho, New York. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Super is responsible for the overall maintenance of the physical property while maintaining a high level of cleanliness and safety throughout the building. They will oversee the performance of outside contractors who are working alongside or in conjunction with the Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily general custodial duties to ensure cleanliness every day
- Daily building walk-through to ensure safety and proper working order of all building systems
- Handle basic repairs (lighting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, cleaning) and oversee performance of outside contractors
- Respond to maintenance requests and complaints by tenants
- Coordinate with the Property Manager for tracking inventory and building related supply purchases
- Oversee and monitor regular maintenance of HVAC systems and perform minor repairs
- Monitor the Building Management System and report findings
- Provide access to building mechanical rooms upon request
- Receive building deliveries
- Respond to emergency calls relating to building maintenance
- Report all issues to the Property Manager
- Other maintenance duties as assigned by the Property Manager
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are seeking a Leasing Assistant to be responsible for preparing leasing proposals, entering deals into internal systems and tracking them, compiling marketing packages for prospective tenants and brokers as well as gathering and updating market information. Will also assist with preparing/running leasing reports, reviewing lease language, processing broker invoices, recording expenses for payment, and making travel arrangements. Must have excellent phone, internet, and computer skills. The qualified candidate must be well organized with excellent follow-up and oral and written communication skills and be able to work independently. Familiarity with commercial retail lease agreements and/or paralegal experience a plus.
****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking an SEC Accountant who will work in our SEC Accounting and Reporting group. This person will be asked to assist in the Company’s quarterly close process as well as contribute to writing and completing our various SEC filings (10K, 10Q, etc.) and reviewing the corresponding XBRL tagging. Also, the person will be assisting in working with both internal and external auditors regarding quarterly reviews, annual audits and internal controls testing. The right candidate will be a highly motivated professional with ability to think independently, multitask and anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment who can prioritize multiple and potentially overlapping requests. They will have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and be well organized and adapt to changing priorities and willing to learn as well as pitch in where needed
- Prepare and review supporting financial schedules for the Company’s consolidated financial statements, footnotes and related items included in the Company’s 10Qs and 10Ks to ensure adequate disclosures as well as maintain tie-out to support all filings.
- Assisting in researching and evaluating new accounting/SEC and other pronouncements and rulings; implementing appropriate policy and process changes throughout the organization to ensure compliance in financial reporting.
- Process quarterly accounting close entries and prepare consolidated general ledger reconciliation schedules.
- Interact regularly with various teams throughout the organization as well as external auditors to coordinate the timely preparation and completion of external financial filings. Work closely with team members to ensure reporting issues are being properly addressed and communicated to management.
- Participate in the XBRL tagging process ensure that appropriate tags are being utilized.
- Assist with projects related to the optimization of reporting procedures and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements.
- Perform special projects requiring technical accounting research and analyses of financial information as needed.
- Assist in identifying and designing robust operational controls.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are seeking a Property Manager to be responsible for the overall performance and all phases of property management for a portfolio of properties. Supported by a property management assistant, the Property Manager will oversee the preparation and implementation of operating budgets, the evaluation of budget performance, tenant improvements, capital improvements, maintenance and repair projects, and coordination of company wide initiatives and programs. This person will interface with other departments such as leasing, development, accounting, construction and finance as well as 3rd party vendors. The candidate must have superior knowledge of commercial real estate, commercial facility maintenance practices, property management accounting standards and systems, advanced Excel, and a strong financial aptitude. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as be a creative problem solver. A professional designation such as CSM, CPM, or CCIM is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of retail commercial property management experience is required as is regular travel.
We are currently seeking a Director of Real Estate to support the leasing activity for a portfolio of shopping centers. This position reports to the Vice President of Leasing for the region and will collaborate with other departments including property management, legal, development / construction, asset management, and lease administration / accounting, as well as 3rd party ownership representatives. Candidates should have a proven track record possessing superior skills in retail leasing including developing leasing budgets, canvassing, tenant retention, negotiating lease proposals, amendments and renewals, and managing a broker network. Strong financial and system acumen as well as excellent leadership and communication skills a must.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking an Associate Director of Development to support redevelopment and development projects in the region and will manage the entire project entitlement process, interact with retailers and municipalities, prepare valuation models, analyze development scenarios for new and existing assets, and assist in project design and planning. This role will also oversee the project consultant team (land use attorneys, architects, engineers, etc.), research municipal land use and zoning requirements, and coordinate with internal leasing, construction, and property management teams.
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty is looking for a Financial Coordinator to be responsible for supporting our construction group on major commercial projects in our Mid-Atlantic region. The position requires excellent communication skills, as this person will communicate both internally and externally with vendors, tenants and various departments within Kimco. This is an excellent opportunity for growth within a stable, Fortune 500 company.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparingbudgets and budget adjustments for signature
- Maintaining budget records and approvals
- Reviewingtenant allowances and commission contract amounts for accuracy prior to system setup
- Reviewing&preparingtenant allowance invoices for proper documentation and follow up
- Reviewing contract change orders
- Reviewing invoices for approval
- Reviewing and preparinggeneral contractor invoices for processing and payment
Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE: Kim), one of North America’s largest publicly traded owners and operators of open-air shopping centers, is currently seeking Management Trainees to join our collaborative, challenging, growth oriented team.
This unique 18-month immersion program will provide exposure to our key operating departments and develop trainees into well-rounded real estate professionals. The Trainee will manage a small portfolio of assets and learn all aspects of leasing, property management, construction, and asset management while under the mentorship of seasoned professionals. Upon completion of the program, trainees may be matched with a position and location that best fits the trainee and Kimco.
Trainees will be assigned a mentor in each of the following disciplines: Asset Management, Leasing, Property Management, Development, Construction, Property Finance and Legal.
- Learn operations, management viewpoints, metrics, company policies and industry practices that affect each aspect of Kimco.
- Lease and maintain a small portfolio of assets, including budgeting, forecasting, vendor management, and cold calling.
- Set performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitor performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receive training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Near completion of the program, the Trainee will present to the regional leadership an asset strategy for the assets based on their understanding of the asset, market, and future potential which maximizes revenue growth and value creation.