****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager of Internal Control and Reporting who will help the Company accomplish its control objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to identifying, evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls. This is a high visibility role with tremendous opportunity to make an impact. This role requires a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a keen attention to detail, the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various stakeholders and requires excellent people skills.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting and organizational assets.
- Assess risks and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.
- Identify gaps in the internal control framework.
- Assist with the design and implementation of new controls to address any gaps identified.
- Assess and re-engineer key processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Document key internal control processes and related information (risks, systems, key reports) in an internal control matrix, narratives and flowcharts.
- Facilitate the quarterly certification of the internal control matrix and narratives with control owners.
- Actively seek and apply best practices for managing internal controls.
- Work collaboratively with process owners to address observations identified by Internal Audit and External Audit.
- Monitor the status of these observations and assist with preparing formal status updates on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate scheduling walkthroughs and deliverables provided by control owners for control testing performed by Internal Audit and External Audit.
- Develop and conduct training and be a subjective matter expert on the topic of internal controls.
- Assist with the evaluation of the risks and controls for third parties through the review and assessment of the related SOC reports.