Kimco, one of North America’s largest publicly traded owner / operators of open-air, grocery-anchored shopping centers and mixed-used assets, is currently seeking a Leasing Associate to join our team. This is an entry level leasing position that is part of formal development program intended to provide hands-on leasing experience and to cultivate a pipeline of future talent for the organization.
The Leasing Associate will report to an experienced leasing professional. In addition to receiving both classroom and hands-on training on leasing fundamentals, tools and strategies, the individual will be paired with a mentor who will support his or her personal development.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with regional leasing and asset management personnel to develop merchandising and leasing strategies for key assets and vacancies
- Sourcing small shop opportunities within an assigned portfolio, responding to prospective tenant and broker inquiries and generating leads through digital and in-person canvassing, cold calling and networking
- Overseeing renewals of existing small & mid-shop tenants with guidance from senior leasing personnel
- Supporting senior leasing personnel with anchor lease opportunities
- Developing a knowledge of Salesforce including digital marketing, lead capture, deal evaluation, deal input & approval, legal workflow and leasing pipeline reporting
- Partnering with the legal department as lease documentation is drafted and negotiated
- Partnering with the construction department to establish a scope of work and budget for tenant improvements, and to monitor the build-out process following lease execution
- Partnering with the marketing department in developing campaign strategies and tactics for promoting specific vacancies to key audiences
- Maintaining key documentation related to upcoming lease expirations, vacancies, marketing packages, category exclusives, site restrictions and other information of relevance to the leasing team