******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** Kimco Realty is seeking a Leasing Assistant at our Signature Series Suburban Square shopping center, who aspires to a long term career in retail leasing. This position will report to our Director of Real Estate in a supporting role. While the individual will have specific administrative and analytic support responsibilities, there will be an emphasis on participation in the leasing process, including marketing and direct interaction with tenants and prospects.
- Preparing leasing proposals, entering deals into internal system (Salesforce) and tracking them through the lease negotiation process.
- Compiling marketing packages for prospective tenants and brokers.
- Creating/maintaining mailing lists and contact database for targeted prospective tenants/tenant categories and dissemination of marketing information via email, mailers, telephone, and other forms of social media.
- Gathering and updating pertinent market information, including but not limited to: comparable rents, competing space available, upcoming developments and/or other events impacting properties.
- Working with PowerPoint or comparable programs to develop marketing collateral for centers, including customizing materials for specific needs such as restaurants, pad sites, category specific users, and end-caps.
- Assisting in the promotional efforts of “Lease Marketing,” including gathering information for press releases of new tenants, and the review and coordination of social media as it impacts leasing efforts.
- Assisting with preparing/running leasing reports, reviewing lease language, processing leasing department related invoices.
Leasing Responsibilities as directed by the leasing director:
- Helping to source small shop opportunities within assigned portfolio.
- Managing renewals as directed by the Director of Real Estate.
- Proactively meeting with and developing relationships with retailers within the trade area.
- Cold calling retailers and documenting new leads for specific shopping centers in Salesforce.
- Following deals from origination to execution in Salesforce.
- Identifying new value-add opportunities for the existing tenant rosters.
- Assisting in the preparation of the merchandising and marketing plan.
- Interacting with construction and legal departments to manage deal negotiations.
- Providing updated information to the marketing department.
- Proactively marketing space through the local mediums such as Craigslist and Chamber websites.
- Producing and updating marketing packages for new upcoming vacancies; monitoring anchor expirations with no options remaining to look for opportunities for lease buyouts and re-tenant at higher market rents