****Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.******
We are currently seeking a Property Accountant to handle all aspects of site level accounting, analysis and reporting for a portfolio of U.S. assets. This would include the preparation of financial statements, explanations of balance sheet variances, review of base rent, recoveries and expense variance analyses. They will also prepare all necessary supporting and accounting schedules.
The position requires strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills, the ability to focus on meeting deadlines, as well as be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. The individual must thrive in a team environment; possess the ability to form strong working relationships throughout the organization.
- Process monthly and quarterly accounting close entries
- Review general ledger balances for completeness, accuracy and account classification
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, including sub-ledger to ledger systems
- Review reconciliations prepared by outside vendors
- Prepare detailed analysis of general ledger account fluctuations, coordinating with lease analysts, property managers and administrators for explanations
- Assist in preparation of Net Operating Income and same site variance analysis
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting activities, including posting of multiple property accounting transactions, monitoring and maintaining property cash activities and balances
- Review and maintain the fixed asset ledger
- Monitor property tax payments; ground rent payments
- Prepare and process revenue recovery true-up adjustments
- Understand mortgage terms (reporting, impound and escrow reimbursement requirements)
- Calculate property related fees